Tuesday 13 November 2012

Project 54: Mojo engagement card


Short post - and yes this is two in one day which is a record for me (obviously I need to  get out more).

I saw this week's Mojo sketch and had to play with it so I rushed home this evening to have a go. One of my best friends got engaged this weekend (in addition to my sister which means it was a hugely happy weekend!) and I thought immediately that this card layout would work well.

Here is the sketch I followed:


I tried lots of techniques to give it that special engagement-card luxury. I embossed the card in the middle with one of my favorite folders with leaves and birds and used my dotted scallop punch (<3 Martha Stewart) for the side. I went round the edge with an Almond colored Pro Marker, a practice of inking the sides in a slightly darker shade that I'm kind of obsessed with at the moment.

I used a scallop punch for the sparkly card and then added a paper flower with the button for the feature on the right. I wanted to add the sparkly paper for the bling factor but wanted to keep it rustic and chic so I used the button on the flower.

Turquoise, brown, cream and silver may seem random but the combo spoke to me. I love the background paper with the wheat pattern and I am hoping it'll speak to my friends' style.

The button coordinates with the brown ribbon, the grey flower coordinates with the silver greeting and cream is the non-sparkly version of my Hippie Chic stack of papers.  It came together like a dream.

Julesie - if you are reading this (likely my only non-relative fan!) - it's in the post from Saturday when I land in the US! Love you! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated