Saturday, 8 December 2018

Project: A Christmas card for Sketch Saturday

Happy Saturday! This week at Sketch Saturday we are playing with a sketch I designed, wahoo! I had a lot of fun looking through our Scrap N Dipity sponsor this week as there are so many sweet images to chose from.

I love these little penguins and I colored them with ProMarkers. I fussy cut them out so I could layer them on top of each other. I was pretty generous with the glitter glue, I think Christmas cards are a chance to be a bit excessive! I added a Art & co sentiment at the bottom and then topped it off with some stars.

I hope you have fun playing along with my sketch!

Thursday, 6 December 2018

Project: Anything Christmas for MAWTT

This week at Moving Along With the Times we are doing an anything Christmas challenge. Great brief right. 

I decided to make something of a collage card as I've been doing a lot of CAS lately and I wanted to make something with a few more textures. I started by blending a green card and adding a text stamp that works really well for background. I die cut it using a stitched rectangle die and then added a few stamps from a Christmas vintage Recollections set. The newsprint card is a scrap that I've had for a while and I thought it looked better on kraft card than on white. I added some olive green enamel triangles for texture and balance on the layout. 

I'm really thrilled with it, I may just make a few more like this as it was a lot of fun to do the layout. Hope you have fun playing along!

Saturday, 24 November 2018

Project: 2 takes on a teapot card for Sketch Saturday

This week's sketch for Sketch Saturday was a bit tricksy for me but I did two attempts all the same featuring an image from our sponsor LeAnn's World

I colored the image using ProMarkers and then die cut it using a scalloped and stitched square. I thought it was a good way of getting the edges on the sketch. I used a bright striped paper and then took some white scraps from my scrap pile for the diagonal stripes. I struggled to make it not so twee, I was hoping the colors would lift it a bit. 

This is my second take on it. I tried to get a watercolour effect on the teapot but I don't love it. The colors don't work as well but I do prefer the grey textured background paper. 

So a bit of variety with the same sponsor image and sketch! hope you have fun playing along! 

Saturday, 10 November 2018

Project: Monster card for Sketch Saturday

Hello and happy Saturday. The sketch for today's Sketch Saturday has a couple of components but I hope you find some inspiration in our Little Miss Muffet sponsor:

The little monster was just too much fun, I decided to play with him in greens and yellows. The sentiment is an old one from my stash, I love how it works with the silly image. The spotted paper has been in my stash for ages and the colors worked so well. The strip along the side is blended with Distress Inks and I used the same Peeling Paint color to stencil some spots on the die cut circle layer. 

I hope you have fun playing along! 

Thursday, 8 November 2018

Project: Winter animals for MAWTT

This week at Moving Along with the Times we are doing a Winter Animals challenge. 

I decided to play along with these little Christmas penguins. I colored them with ProMarkers and then fussy cut them out. I added plenty of glitter glue to the pompoms and earmuffs. 

The sentiment is from a Recollections set and I decided to feature it in white so it would standout on the blue. The background paper is a green damask that I thought worked well with the images. 

Hope you have fun playing along! 

Saturday, 27 October 2018

Project: Pumpkins and punches for Sketch Saturday

This week at Sketch Saturday we have a lovely little sketch. I was struggling to make it work until I rotated it on my side and then it was a Eureka! moment:

Our sponsor is The Paper Nest Dolls, and I love them. I think their images are so cheery and sweet. I went for something a bit seasonal and colored her with ProMarkers before fussy cutting her out.

I added a strip of orange punched pumpkins as a border down the side to work with the sketch and then added a Tim Holtz sticker for the sentiment. I have a few vertical stamps but I like that this is a bit different. The background paper is ancient, I think I've had it for 6 or 7 years as I bought it with Claire following one of our very first playdates.

I added glitter glue to the sunflower on her shirt and a Wink of Stella touch for each of the pumpkins and her hair band. It's sort of lost in the image here but it looks great in real life.

I love that pumpkin punch and was delighted to have the opportunity to use it (especially since I used a scrap of orange paper exactly the right size, score!) so it was a card of perfectly found pieces coming together.

Hope it works for your inspiration this week!

Saturday, 13 October 2018

Project: CAS tag card for Sketch Saturday

This week at Sketch Saturday we have another great sketch by Claire.

Our sponsor Just Me Digital Stamps is great, and I was able to get a great sentiment that worked so well with the sketch. I colored the image with ProMarkers and then cut it into a tag. I decided after I'd covered it I was going to make it all white and mint green, despite originally thinking I was going for yellow! I added the ribbon to the tag and this lovely big striped paper as a background. I tried a few different things - buttons, flowers - on the bottom right hand of the tag but went with a lovely gingham bow in the end.

I was looking at adding a bit more but I decided to keep it really simple and just stop. The best cards are usually the ones without all the nonsense in my book.

Fun sketch I hope you find the sketch a good inspiration for your craft adventures this week!