Monday 23 September 2013

Project 105: Spots and Stripes baby girl card challenge



Claire pointed out a fun challenge at The Pink Elephant for a card featuring spots and stripes. I was commissioned to make a baby girl card for someone at work and I loved the idea of making it a part of the challenge.

I love this layout for baby cards, I pinned it ages ago but I haven't made that many baby cards recently so I wanted to update a bit. As it's a girl card I wanted to have a bit more fun with some cute touches. For starters, I closed the space between the boxes and had them bleed off the card. Wall to wall pink!

I  embossed the top left corner with the little dots folder - I'm loving that folder this week, I used it just the other day for a CAS layout. I then glittered the floral paper in the bottom right with glitter glue.

I hand cut the little baby onesie and stamped it directly.


To finish it off, I added the pink grosgrain ribbon and punched the bottom with the adorable little heart scallop punch that Claire got me in NYC. I added the buttons in the top right - I love buttons on baby cards.

Very happy with the output, hope my colleague likes it as well!


2 comments:

  1. Well that cheered me up! Sat here at work CB having a nose and your post popped up. Love all the different elements here, it's lots of fun and VERY baby girl :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MrsG - I was channeling your love of patterned paper and glitter glue Monday night. Definitely felt like an "us" card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated