Sunday 31 August 2014

Project 173: CAS silhouette stamp challenge



When I saw the colors at Color Throwdown this week I had to give it a go. These are the colors this week:

 
I have been harbouring this elephant stamp from Little Claire for a few months now and every time I've gone to use it I've been stumped and not sure what to do. This week, a friend asked if I would make her a bunch of cards and she likes things fresh, fun and modern and so I decided to shake off the cobwebs and give this little stamp another go.

Gosh was I glad I did.

I was inspired by the DT at Color Throwdown and how some of them use big block colors in their cards. So I decided to try the stamp against three plain color strips. It's a bit faint but I really like the output and will definitely try it agin.

I framed the three colors on black to give it a stronger base and then stamped directly on the panels.

I added minimal embellishment, just three yellow stars on the gold panel and three blue stars on the blue one. I then centred the sentiment and added a small green bling either side.

Clean, simple and super modern.

4 comments:

  1. OMG this is gorgeous..Its a great use of that tricky stamp. I love how all the elements work really well together. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Jessie… what a fab design! I love the three colours and the silhouette stamp works briliantly here! :-)
    Hope you had a good weekend!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silhouette stamping against the color blocks is very striking! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun blocked card with the silhouette!! Thxs for joining us at CTD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated