Monday 6 October 2014

Project 182: A huge hero birthday


It's my friend Harry's birthday today and I forgot to bring him a card today! Gutted!

So to make it up to him I made a card using Huge Hero from Kenny K. If you don't already know I'm obsessed with Kenny K then you can get into the craze yourself as this stamp is currently on sale - it was all I could do not to buy everything in the sale myself!

The image is colored with ProMarkers and then I cut it out. I love this brick-embossed white photo paper which Claire gave me and I think it looks great with this image. The star paper is from a Dovecrafts monotone pack I picked up a while ago.

The greeting is an inside joke - my friend is a copywriter and I'm always asking him for little favours like blog writing for client blogs I manage and so I thought I'd make a joke. And yes - I decided to use my awful handwriting instead of proper writing or stamps or a printed message - more personal that way.

I'm entering it into the KennyK blog Anything Goes challenge as well. Hopefully he'll like it and it'll make up for my tardiness on forgetting it today!






3 comments:

  1. Love it! I've just finished using the hero on a card for a work colleague too!! Great minds and all that. Superb use of the brickwork folder.Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brilliant Jessie… what a fab image and sentiment!! you've coloured him beautifully! I love the brick embossed paper…. it's so perfect!!! :-)
    Hope you have a great week!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this made me laugh so much! Just a perfect card!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Krew

    Lucy (Core 4 DT)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated