Sunday 11 January 2015

Project 199: Fashion 18th birthday card



It’s my husband’s cousin’s 18th birthday this week and thought this was a great opportunity to use some awesome new stamps Claire gave me for Chistmas. They are fun and sharp and really suit the birthdya girl.
 
The colors at Color Throwdown this week were perfect - red, white and black, a fashion classic:


The face is actually a different stamp from the dress - the full stamp set by Nina Chakrabarti is just gorgeous if you want to check it out. I liked using them in this way as it's a bit mysterious and different. After I stamped the images I lined them with a glittery black paper to give them a bit more texture. I didn't color them in - I thought the lines were so striking on their own.

The black and white paper is from Dove Crafts and the red paper is from a Wanderlust pack, also from Claire (as is the happy birthday greting stamp from a sentiment pack and the super big black sparkly 18). I mean, if it's an 18th birthday card there should be some big bold things going and I'm pretty happy with the composition of this one.

Hopefully the birthday girl will like it as well!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS CARD..the stamps from the Fashion set are amazing..now I am jealous LOL! The colours work really well too. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet birthday card. Love the image and the designer paper strips. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated