Saturday, 18 July 2015
Project 236: Some new kit and new techniques with an old friend
If you didn't see my earlier posts, CLAIRE IS HERE!
We had a great playdate one night and goofed around with some new kit she brought with her. Some of it were purchases I made from her as a Stampin' Up demonstrater but some of it was from her stash.
The first is a card we made using a flower stamp and die set I bought. I stamped over spotted paper and die cut it and a stem from a scrap on my desk. The ink wasn't different enough so I dotted over the lines of the image with a pen. I used a greeting from Claire's stash and was going to keep it very CAS. But my hand smudged green ink and I got it in the white space down the left side. So with some advise from Claire I added some fingerprints in a gradient of green to blue to purple down the side. Crisis averted, cool texture added, very pleased!
This card here is a super simple card using this new kite embellishment Claire and her mom gave me. I used Claire's stitched die for the baking paper and the Explore Nature greeting from my flower set used above. Just a candi and I called it quits. CAS is best with something like this.
Claire introduced me to freezer-paper masking, which is new to me. She had diecut sentiments and shapes for me and this one is adhered to a stitched rectangle. I colored it using Gelatos and a watercolor brush and added some speckles for texture. I choose blues as I'm using this for a wedding card and they have a royal blue scheme. I added pearls of different sizes and colors and again left it pretty simple. I think the masking works amazingly well and gives such an artistic touch to a simple layout.
Delighted with these projects and the chance to play face to face.