Saturday 29 August 2015

Project 247: Special anniversary card


This week is my 5 year wedding anniversary - the 'wood' anniversary.

We always have a touch of the traditional in our anniversary celebrations and so I wanted to have wood as part of a central theme on the card. I always incorporate purple into our anniversary cards as well as it was the color theme for our wedding.

My colleague gave me this amazing wooden card stock - yes it's actually super thin wood! I decided to die cut  these lopsided hearts as a nesting set of 5 as a tribute to our five years together. I added the purple layers as this is a remnant from paper I used in our wedding favours - amazingly this is from my last sheet.

The backing paper I have had for years and years - I loved the colors here and thought it made it a bit more masculine. The sparkly 5 is from a set Claire gave me. And that's it really! I thought the hearts were such a good feature I'd just leave them be. I can't wait to celebrate - we're taking Friday off to go to a Michelin-starred lunch in London and then maybe a gallery - who knows what he has planned beyond that!

2 comments:

  1. OMG this is stunning, so creative, I love the use of wood, amazing, he will love it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! this is awesome Jessie… LOVE the heart and how you've layered it up… and what a wonderful background.. this is perfect for 'wood' anniversary! :-)
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated