Sunday 22 November 2015

Project 277: A runway inspired challenge and playdate


Claire has been a long-follower of Runway Inspired Challenge and I think I've only been brave enough to enter once. I love the DT inspiration and thought I'd have a go when Claire sent me the inspiration photo from Banana Republic:



I used a Stampin' Up set called Flower Patch to get the flower dies and stamps all layered up. I used a cream printed pattern from My Mind's Eye as I wanted the cream color to shine out against the blue-grey paper. I loved the tiny turquoise accents on the dress so I punched a flower border using a EK Success punch that my mom or Claire got me a few years ago. I used another blue strip behind the greeting as I didn't want the cream to be more than an accent. I rarely use peel offs but I thought it really worked for this layout.

I'm pleased with the layout though think I could have been a bit braver with my interpretation...maybe I'll work my way up to that.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! You got your post up fast girl :) I love your interpretation of the dress..It makes me smile, because you saw colours I didn't really notice..Fun playdate man..more RIC challenges for us methinks. Did I tell you how much I love your new blog background? Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! LOVE how those flowers just POP!!! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated