Thursday 17 December 2015

Project 280: Fruity day thanks


I had a mini playdate with Claire this week which was brilliant. We exchanged our $20 challenge gifts and revealed we had bought each other the exact same quantity of things, with 3 of the items almost exactly the same. How funny is that?

She also brought a gift that she was sharing as a craft friend of hers had given her a set of Spectrum Noir pencils and she generously shared these with me. As a thank you to her friend I wanted to make something using my new stash.

I loved the fruit stamp and die set and thought it would be a great feature. I blended the background using Peacock Feathers distress ink and then stamped the fruit slices and die cut them out.

I added the greeting from my new Sizzix stamp and die set and heat embossed it in black to make it stand out. The little candy matches the darkest tones of the distress ink. Super happy with it and I think it was worth all the little steps to make something a bit cheerful for Claire's friend.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this is gorgeous Jessie… love the beautiful background and the fruit stamp is brilliant!
    Thank you for being a wonderful Follower and Friend and for all your lovely comments throughout the year!
    Very Best Wishes for Christmas and New Year!
    Love and hugs, Sue B xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated