Thursday 7 April 2016

Project 309: A shaker baby card


I love a shaker card at the moment and this one is for a very special friend. I wanted a girl card that wasn't overly pink, but still had some special touches.

I chose a Sugar and Spice paper as the back as it's a bit tricky to work with but I thought was playful enough for a baby. The greeting behind the shaker is a manipulation of Endless Birthday Wishes from Stampin' Up, where it should say 'It's all about...' but I masked the rest and then added the 'girl' from a 'birthday girl' greeting of the same set. It's all about stretching the stamps!

The shaker is full of yellow, green and pink teddy bear punches and beads in the same colors. I did a double ring in white and teal to cover the foam behind it and added a pink kite from Claire. The greeting on the banner is from the oldest sentiment set I own!

I really like the final project and I think my friend will like it. It's really cheerful, if a bit busy, and a nice twist on the normal baby card.

1 comment:

  1. I too love a shaker :) I really really like this, great use of the kite too. Super modern baby card, which I am loving, I think baby cards can be a bit blah. I am LOL at the paper, I think we have had that paper from our trip to the Range with Karen - remember that day :) Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated