Monday, 24 October 2016

Project 370: Watercolored anchor card



As I've gotten into using Distress Inks as watercolors with an aquabrush I've realized I need better watercolor paper. I tried a new type today and thought I'd just have a play with some different colors and then construct something to fit afterwards.

I made a sheet of mixed blues from about 5 different Distress Inks and then flicked some of the darkest color as spots across it, plus some plain water bleach spots. I thought it would be perfect with the new set Claire sent me, which I love.  I stamped the sentiment and then used the matching anchor die in grey stock, raising it with tiny foam squares to make it pop a bit more.

It was a fun little experiment, I'm really happy I was able to get a card made from a little art session.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome and makes me so happy. I have been playing with backgrounds too. It's fun to have a stash of them. I am off to your parents this weekend and will leave you some AC Moore watercolour paper.. Cx

    ReplyDelete