Sunday, 27 November 2016

Project 377: Painted background + sentiment die cards


I bought so many fun things in the Black Friday sales that I couldn't wait to get home and have a play. I bought a fun set of Spellbinders sentiment dies in the sale (not that I needed them...but they looked so nice and not too fiddly) and thought it would be fun to do a patterned background using Distress Inks to make the sentiment pop.

The headline was a scrap from a bigger sheet that I had water colored previously (see this post as an example) and I used a grey scrap for both sentiments. I decided to add a button tied with blue twine because it needed something and I haven't played with buttons in a while.


This one used distress inks applied to a block and then smeared on the page. It's really irregular and thick this way, quite a unique look. I decided to go with the hello die to try something different but liked the little button and twine again.

Really easy and fun, these dies are a dream to work with and look great in the thick card. More play time this week is needed to try all the new stash!


2 comments:

  1. They look great and fab backgrounds, such fun I bet you had making them, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, they are really cool. I really need to dig out some buttons!! I like the ink and block technique, lots of fun to be had, because you get so many variations. Those new dies are totally swoony..do want. Cx

    ReplyDelete