Tuesday 3 January 2017

Project 387: A dragon for a 5 year old


My friend's little boy is turning 5 (I can't believe this) and I wanted to make him a special card as he's my little buddy and I love making him cards.


I saw the sketch at Sketch Saturday and thought it would be perfect, and I was especially inspired by Claire's post when I saw that Bugaboo was the sponsor. Loving Bugaboo as much as I do I just had to use one of their great images.

I chose the awesome birthday dragon and colored him with ProMarkers. As my little dragon features a hat (as does my sentiment) I thought I would also enter the I <3 ProMarker challenge as well.  I cut him to the shape to match the sketch and then chose some fun papers to match. The background paper features an embossing folder from Sizzix and the spotted paper is a scrap from American Crafts.

The sentiment is a gift from Claire years ago...I can't remember who it is by. I use it a lot with kid cards because it is so fun and works great with the Bugaboo style for little party hats! The little blingy number is from the pound store - I love these glitter numbers. It is so cheerful and fun I know my little friend is going to love it!

4 comments:

  1. HOW is he 5 already...we are getting old girl friend! Love your card, the colours are very cool and all that texture. Your colouring of the Dragon is awesome and we are weirdly in sync again, I was colouring Dragons last night... The stamps are by Bo Bunny I believe, I too use them for Kids. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday, you nailed that sketch. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dragons--I have a 5yo at home, so dragons and the like are a common topic of conversation around here! Great digi-choice and great coloring, and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and cute card. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect card for a 5 year old. My granddaughter would just love this! Great design and fab image.
    Thanks for joining the fun at I Love Promarkers.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated