Sunday 23 July 2017

Project 430: A piñata sketch and color challenge



Claire recently bought me this fantastic little piñata set from Lawn Fawn and I was saving it for a birthday card for a colleague who I knew would appreciate it. 


Because the image and sentiment are relatively small I wanted to look at some sketches where things would be concentrated in one area so it wouldn't look too distant. I found a great one in CAS(E) This Sketch and then by magic the colors at Color Throwdown this week were a perfect complement to what I wanted to do:



I started with a stamp of the image and then colored it with ProMarkers and die cut it with the matching dies. I used foam tape to pop it out and then die cut stitched squares in white and turquoise to get the central panel. I used Enamel Accents to add confetti around the 'Smash!' part of the sentiment and large enamel dots to frame the central panel. The background paper is American Crafts and I have been saving it for a special occasion - I've loved the pattern and color and decided it was finally time to use it. That's what it's therefore after all! 

Really happy with how it came out, may have used slightly brighter ProMarkers if I were to do it again but all things considered I think it was a good inaugural card for the new set.


4 comments:

  1. Too stinking cute!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you playing again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love the little dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha he is so awesome! The enamel accents are superb. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated