Monday 4 June 2018

Project: Blended giraffe with a stamped border



I got this freebie set of wild animal stamps and it came with a border stamp that I loved but couldn't figure out how to use. I have so many like this and I never know what o do with them! In the magazine there was a card made using the border and I thought, you know what, let's give that a go.

I blended the card using Distress Inks and then stamped the border on top. Quite tricky at times to line it up but I was happy with the result. I think next time I will be really meticulous and measure the space to fill it out. But it's ok for now. I added the giraffe from the set to the middle as I had kept the panel quite narrow and thought it fit the space perfectly.

I've left off a greeting - for now - as I couldn't make up my mind about what to use this for. But I love the colors and way it came out, some good learnings for next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning card the border goes so well with the giraffe. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning!! I love your blending, the colours tone so well with the vibe of the card 'Africa' (say it in a posh English accent aka Madagascar).. Brave with that freehand border..Love it. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated