Sunday 2 September 2018

Project: Masculine blog challenge


I was catching up on making some birthday cards for friends this weekend and the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was too much fun, I knew it would be great for making a card for my friend Nick. 


 The featured sentiment is a favourite one of mine, I've had it for about 3 years and the bow tie stamp is about the same though it may be older - maybe 4 years? Either way I thought it would be fun to play along with the Anything Goes challenge at Retro Rubber

 

I liked how the sketch challenge had the sentiment called out so I decided to heat emboss it as white on a charcoal stock. I used a red ink on red textured card for the bowtie and fussy cut it out. The background is a fun paper that Claire gave me with fun little definitions and sketches. One was poking out under the sentiment strip and I thought it was a bit awkward so I added a little strip of a scrap paper that I had on my desk that I thought kind of went with the colors. 

All in all I'm really happy with how sharp it is, my friend Nick is very dapper and will get a kick out of it. Fun to get back from my vacation and get back into the blog challenge game. 

7 comments:

  1. I like your big, bold sentiment and having it embossed on the dark colour makes it pop even more. The bow tie is such a super addition. What a great guy card! Thank you for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! Love that big bold sentiment and the newsprint background is perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fab masculine card, I love the pop of red the bow tie gives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now isn't this fabulous?! That bow is such fun and I love the background detail. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this for a dapper masculine card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome birthday card, love the little box tie! Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber for anything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't commenting last week - vacay break. I love this, so very masculine, that sentiment stamp is one of my all time faves, are you sure we haven't had it longer than that?! That background paper works so well on male cards. Love the bow tie, perfect for Nick. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated