Saturday 16 February 2019

Project: A mermaid birthday card



Hello and happy Saturday! This week we have a fun sketch to play along with at Sketch Saturday. The sponsor is one of my personal favourites, The Paper Nest Dolls.


I started by colouring the image with Spectrum Noir pencils, I really wanted a gradient effect and found the blending easier with pencil than with marker. I have a mermaid-obsessed friend so I went with colours I knew she would like.

I decided to make the left hand panel blended Distress Oxides and got another gradient. You can't have too many rainbow/ombre effects with a mermaid card. Fact. The sentiment is a modern one that I got in a sale last summer and it is perfect for this card. It's modern and silly and completes the sketch really well.

Super happy with the result, can't wait to see what people play along with!

12 comments:

  1. Hi this is a gorgeous card that mermaid is so pretty. Have great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour blending for a very pretty card,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, I love that wonderful multicoloured blended panel, that perfectly coordinates with the Mermaid, nailed this one! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated