Thursday 22 March 2012

Project 14: Basic Nail Design

This week I took a break from cards and I suspect it will carry on into Saturday. It may be my first card-free week all year since taking on this challenge. I will be back on the case by Sunday, undoubtedly.

My friend Beth (of pink and yellow card fame) gave me some tools that help you do detailed nail designs with a bit more ease. I used to be really into nail art and do complicated patterns that involved not just a rainbow coming out of a cloud but a pot of gold under it. This was circa 1998 but I think the love of it is still in me.

It’s been a crazy busy week and so I thought I’d take it slow and do some basic patterns.

I started with a plain green and bright pink so it’d have a feel of spring.

Following this I tried a few simple designs, stripes, spots and tiny hearts. For some reason I didn’t really think it through and I saved the more complicated designs for my right hand which wasn’t clever. Never mind.

The successes were the spots and stripes; the zebra pattern was the fail. The star, leopard print, butterfly and flowers fall somewhere in the middle.

The successes were the spots and stripes; the zebra pattern was the fail. The star, leopard print, butterfly and flowers fall somewhere in the middle. Patterns are worth exploring further as I have a nail polish problem/addiction/situation that is getting out of hand. Think I could try something like this?

I promise to start a bigger project soon, possibly Sunday. Will keep you posted as I’ve got a couple of good ideas…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated