Tuesday 23 July 2013

Project 91: Knocked Up and fabulous


Back to my friend Hannah. This is the second card that was commissioned when I posted yesterday's card. The brief was roughly to make a "congrats your knocked up card" that wasn't too soppy. I won't use the words she described the lucky lady but they ended in ...-show. Which is a fun brief. Han is good for a fun brief.

So I made the card above. It's modern, it's not cutesy, it celebrates the woman, not the baby. I hope the colors are ok, I didn't really get a steer on that. But I think it's fabulous.

I used my nesting die scallops to get the layers. To make it more textured I embossed the bottom layer and then used that to make the banner. The centre image is some free clipart I found online.


I used the block letter stamps I have to spell out the greeting - I love the effect. It's baby-ish yet because it doesn't say "new arrival" or something twee it still fits.

I love it. If she doesn't, I'll keep it and hope someone I know gets knocked up soon.




3 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!! It is fantastic. Glad you used both the scallop circles and the clipart image is great. Its a fun card. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites that you've ever made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm super pleased with it as well. Haven't given it to the person who commissioned it...if she doesn't like it then it sounds like I have two potential buyers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated