Friday 17 January 2014

Project 125: Poppi Penguin Bday card



Our friend Mike is one of the greatest guys I know (he's my most eligible bachelor friend for all of the single ladies out there - get in touch!) and therefore he gets a fun card.

For reasons that have never been fully explained to me (and you can only press someone so many times for details before you realise you're never going to be in on the joke) Mike and my husband have a long-runnning beach-theme for all of their gifts and cards. I've adopted this whole heartedly (love a theme) and decided to use this great Poppi Penguin from Bugaboo Stamps as my feature.

I thought he'd be a great entry for the It's a Boy Thing challenge at Charisma Cards and the Coloring challenge at Seize the Birthday. I'm trying to change up my blog challenges and thought these two looked fun.

I coloured him in and then put him over a patterned stripy paper that felt a bit beachy, over a patterned yellow background. I punched a star using a corner punch and then topped it with a little peel-off greeting - haven't used peel offs in ages as they've been buried in unpacked craft boxes. (I missed you friends!) Finally a bit of bling in his glasses to show how cool he is.


I found this hilarious gift bag in a bigger set at the 99c store and thought it'd be perfect - yes that is a transparency that is filled with blue tissue paper for waves. Will let you know how it goes down with the birthday boy/manchild!


4 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love that little penguin with his surfboard and sunglasses! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, I do love Poppi Penguin...did I share the rest of them with you? Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet penguin!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!
    Hugs, Macarena DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of your projects, and your penguin card is so cute! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated