Monday 5 May 2014

Project 151: Femme fatale 30th card


My gorgeous friend Ruth is a police officer and when I saw Kenny K's Femme Fatale challenge I knew it would be perfect for her birthday card. She's the big 3-0 this year and I thought the Captain Locke stamp would add the right amount of sauciness to mark the big day.

Freshly Made Sketches had an interesting sketch this week and I hope the nice people of FMS forgive my rather loose interpretation of it:

 I used a petal die to create the grey half-circle shape and added a textured grey strip to complete the sketch. I love framing Kenny K stamps in petal shapes, it's probably the only way I use that die!

I colored Captain Locke to match Ruth's coloring (yes, she's a hot red-headed cop. In real life. I have no idea how many would-be felons have given themselves up just so she could slap on the handcuffs.) and then cut her out so she'd fit in the petal shape:


I kept the rest of the card super simple: a blingy 30, black sticker greeting and some grey candies. I think the Kenny K stamps look so great and detailed I like to keep the rest simple where possible.

Can't wait to give this to Ruth on Saturday. Now to find her a gift...

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is super, what a great card for your friend, I remember 30!! Seems like a lifetime ago!!! Love Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of the sketch! Your coloring of that fun image is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your friend will be happy when she get this card. Perfect image! You done a great job with the sketch too.

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Kenny K. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick
    Team A(ll That)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card - brilliant use of the image and the sketch. The colours are gorgeous too. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated