Thursday 11 September 2014

Project: Grey, black and red texture card for MAWTT




This week we have a texture challenge at Moving Along with the Times. This can be interpreted in a lot of different ways - embossing, fabric, layers of embellishments - lots of options! 

I used an embossed card from Claire, featuring a funky collage style pattern. I layered this with a grey star paper and divided the two with a black and grey ribbon. 

I added extra texture by using silver glitter over some of the embossed features and added some bling and sequins for a bit of shine. 

The label is die cut and layered with another diecut greeting from my stash. 

It's a bit more masculine than I intended but all the same I love how it has turned out. 

Looking forward to seeing how you interpret the texture brief! 

7 comments:

  1. Oh Im loving all the texture on your card, its brilliant. Hope alls well, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fab Jessie… I've zoomed in for a closer look and the texture on the red card looks awesome… just love the colours and touches of sparkles… it's a wonderful design! :-)
    Hope you have a good day!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The embossed card is gorgeous but I love the buttons and bling in the top corner. Hazel L. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jessie! I love that embossed background and how you've added all of the sparkle... it looks fabulous!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the colours & the way you have picked bits out of you embossing & coloured them!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice texture here. The bling in the top corner is superb and I feel counts as texture too. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got that embossing folder. Not sure it's ever been used! I am using your fab inspiration as a challenge for this week.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated