Sunday 16 November 2014

Project 190: Some cards just for family


I am lucky enough to be able to go back for Thanksgiving this year and so I wanted to give my mom and sister cards to top up their supply.

For my sister I made the headline card in a set of 4. These feather dies were in a sale, I bought them before I knew what I was doing and they arrived and I thought um....what now?! There are so many, I knew there would be a load of ideas I just had to see how they looked once cut.

My sister is an environmental science teacher and I thought they might work well if she needed any thank you cards for colleagues or parents or anything like that.

I die cut the feathers from a Cherry Blossom paper stack by Recollection. I tried loads of patterns and found the sutble papers and plain papers really looked best. I opted for these neutral colors and then added some brown and white baker twine with some natural string as a bow. Simple stamped greeting, no bling - I opted for a very minimal style so that the cards would be as versatile as possible.


This one is one of two, as my mom is going to a lot of weddings and engagement things. I liked the Bling card I made a few weeks ago and stuck with it as a style. This time I tried it on black card with a velvet textured paper that I've found tricky to use.

I couldn't find any sparkly paper in the right shade so I die cut a pale color paper into a ring and then colored it dark grey to make it more metallic. Big bling, a peel off greeting and that was it. Again, I didn't add any extra bling or embellishment because I'm keeping things a bit CAS this week!

I also made a handful of baby cards so they would have a mix of greetings. No challenges this week - just wanted to make what I wanted to make!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fab feather dies Jessie… Love the colours that you've used and the fab twine… a perfect CAS card for Thanksgiving!
    and Love the Congratulations Card… so classy and elegant… the ring looks stunning! :-)
    Hope you have a nice day!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these...I want those feather dies now... That congratulations card, is a great use of that paper - that stack is tricky to use. I too have been making what I want to make and had a fun afternoon making the last of my Christmas cards - joy! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated