Thursday 4 June 2015

Project: Retro birthday challenge


Happy birthday MAWTT! This week, in honor of our 6th birthday at Moving Along with the Times, we are doing a birthday themed challenge. You have until 8pm GMT Wednesday 10th June.

I decided to do something fun and cheerful for my celebration card. When I saw that CAS-ual Fridays was doing a summery challenge it sounded great: white, tan and a bright color. I wanted to use turquoise and thought white and tan would be a great trio.

I already had in mind using this stamp set from January's Creative Stamping magazine and I decided to do something a bit different with it. I paper pieced the dress from bright paper and used a spotted paper for her apron. The greeting is from the same set.

I backed her against a sparkly tan sheet that has been in my stock and used an off-cut of the turquoise in her dress for the border. The spotted ribbon is ancient in my stash and I thought this was a good was to add texture.

I tried candies and all sorts to finish it off and settled on a little trio of gems - 3 colors, 3 gems, why not? - and really like how clean and bright it is. I hope it's CAS enough for the challenge but more than anything I'm just pleased it's a cheerful birthday card for our MAWTT challenge.

Looking forward to see your projects this week!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is fab Jessie… what a wonderful retro image… and such a gorgeous colour combo… really love the layout and design! it's perfect for our challenge! :-)
    Hope you have a nice evening
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, you really have had your monies worth out of those stamps :) I just realised that I set the wrong time on my blog - doh! So my post is up NOW! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh this is brilliant, love the colour mix you have one for. Hope you have a fabby weekend, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a FUN card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun retro card! Love her paper pieced outfit! Thanks for joining CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated