Thursday 19 October 2017

Project 444: A simple 30th card


My buddy at work is turning 30 and we'll be celebrating at the pub after work. He's a keen cyclist and I wanted to incorporate that into the card while keeping the rest very minimal and masculine.

The sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was a bit of fun and so I thought I would give it a go:

I took an old Sizzix stamp and repeatd it across the card to incorporate the bike. The Green, yellow and blue circles were cut out and then I added the die cut 30 on top. I thought it looked a bit like a speed sign which was nice. It's super simple but I think it will go down a treat.

3 comments:

  1. Your background is perfect for a cyclist! Great birthday card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I didn't realise he was turning 30 - no matter, he's getting a card anyhoo. I love the simple bike background, more of these kinds of backgrounds I think. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card! Love those bikes in the background! So perfect for a cyclist! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated