Thursday 23 November 2017

Project: Christmas animals at MAWTT


Hello and happy almost December to you all!

This week at Moving Along with the Times we are celebrating our seasonality by asking for a challenge with festive animals. Hope that will inspire some fun projects for you. 

For mine, I decided to do something different. I have loads of Christmas stamps, loads of images and I thought, why go down the easy route when we could make this harder? :-P So I decided to shop my stash and take a non-Christmas image and turn it into one. I started with a Bugaboo Squirrel image and colored him using Spectrum Noir pencils. I die cut him and added another scallop die behind him. The background paper is an old one that I have had for a while and is particularly hard to work with. I love the colors but I can never find the right image - I decided that now was the time. 

To make it more festive, I added a die cut sentiment from a Tim Holtz set, and then added a little Jolee Boutique candy cane sticker - I think this one might have come from Claire as she knows I love her stickers. I'm actually really pleased with this, it looks really cozy and that's what we want from the holidays, isn't it? 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie,
    what a very lovely card, and such a super design.
    Love the cute glittery Christmas Animal, all the wonderful Christmas patchwork background.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a grand job of it too, a wonderful Christmas card, thanks Jesse, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super cute image and I love the papers you've used. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your patchwork background work lately, it's super clever and looks awesome. This little squirrel is too cute and yes Candy Cane's did indeed come from me. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated