Saturday 14 April 2018

Project: An owl Mother's Day card for Sketch Saturday


Happy Saturday with Sketch Saturday! When I saw our Sponsor Little Miss Muffet's images I knew I had to use Celeste Amberglow Owl Always Love You. I love owls and I thought this was perfect for a mother's day card.

I decided to go purple and yellow in the colors to keep it cheerful. I used ProMarkers to color the image and then cut it out in a circle over a stitched background. I used spotted purple ribbon for the stripes in the background.

I tried putting the sentiment in a circle but it wasn't working for me so I went for a larger sentiiment and put it straight on the background. It's a bit streaky but I kind of like it. Instead of tags I used these gorgeous little flowers from Recollections.

I love the result and can't wait to see what other people do with our sketch!

2 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning Mother's Day card I love it. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That image is so you, love this really sweet card, perfect for Mother's Day. Those flowers are being overused by me right now. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated