Monday 30 July 2018

Project: Giant ring sketch engagement card


A friend at work just got engaged and I absolutely love his fiancĂ©, she's a good laugh and someone I seek out at work events when people bring their partners. 


The sketch at Freshly Made Sketches looked like it would be fun to play along with so I did some sketching to see how I could make an engagement card work and it came together much easier than I thought! 

I started with a white piece of card and I die cut it into a rectangle with a spotted border die as I wanted it to match the spots on the sentiment. I then heat embossed the square stamp in a gold powder and then I really carefully blended the edges in Broken China distress ink. I just wanted a hint of blue as the white was really stark and I didn't love the contrast before I blended, it looked unfinished rather than CAS and the touch of blue evened that out. 

I die cut a piece of glitter stock paper into a ring using two circle dies and then used a big comedy heart gem stone from the pound shop.  All in all a really fun little card that stays playful and CAS. Job done :) 







2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card. Perfect for the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous take on the challenge! Your engagement ring is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated