Thursday 19 July 2018

Project: Wild animals for MAWTT


I love an animal card so the theme this week at MAWTT was right up my street. I decided to use an old favourite, the marching band animal set from Avery Elle. It's so cheerful it works for kids and adults alike and every time I make one it gets used straight away.

I started by stamping and die cutting each of the animals. I then dug in my paper stash for a suitably bright and cheerful background paper - I have a paper amnesty this year where I'm only buying plain stock, no patterns as I just have so many! I coloured the animals using ProMarkers and then layered them against the bright papers. I chose to keep them all in greens and browns - sometimes I go nuts and colour them whatever colour I feel like but this time I kept it simple. 

The little characters bring me so much joy - hopefully they inspire you to take part in this week's challenge! 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie

    This really is a very cute card, great design for our challenge and so bright and cheerful

    Happy crafting....

    June/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie,
    what a brilliant card and those marching band animals are so super.
    Your colouring of them is brill.
    Love the wonderful paper choice also.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really cute and cheerful card, perfect for any age. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, thank youxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessie, what a happy, fun, celebrational creation! Wonderful colors, and a great take on the challenge! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set always makes me happy too! I love this version of it, works so well with that super ancient chevron paper - nice usage. I fell off the amnesty wagon last week, it's not my fault..blame Michael's. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated