Tuesday 1 October 2013

Project 110: Sexy Christmas card part 2


So following on from my previous post, I wanted to play with Mrs Claus from KennyK for their Christmas challenge.

This time, I set myself a challenge to use more scraps from last year's card leftovers. Last year I made these square cards with little patterned papers and I cut so many spares I have loads left over. I wanted to come up with a way to feature them with Mrs Claus and this was the best* attempt trying it.

I stacked all of the scraps and then hid the main seams with white ribbon like a giant present. I centered her and added a tiny touch of glitter on the fur accents. I just love the blingy touch on the white.

I added a little glittery tree decal from EK Success in each corner and added the Chrismas banner. I kept it super simple because I want to be able to alternate between this and the other layout when I get to mass production stage. But I get bored easily and need two layouts to go between!

I need to do one or two more designs so that I can make a decision but I like this little layout using last year's scraps.






*I say best, I made about 3 tries with the squares and I really struggled to make it work with the complex image. Next time I will just stick to a simple brief and make it a bit easier on myself. Gotta have a few easy battles!

2 comments:

  1. I really like it...good use of your scraps Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See now even though the scraps are already cut to size, this one was more of a faff than the last one...

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated