Saturday 15 March 2014

Project 139b: Mother's day card for GIL



On my last post I mentioned that I am easing myself back into challenges - just needed a break really!

This is my response to the Mojo Monday sketch this week - I haven't entered in ages and thought this sketch lended itself really well to a feature stamp. Perfect for what I had in mind for my grandmother-in-law's Mother's Day card. This is the sketch:


The featured stamp is from Little Claire and I colored it using Promarkers. I stuck with a pastel scheme as I wanted it to be cheerful and spring-like - must have been inspired by the sunshine we've had in London this week!

I diecut the circle using my new dies from Claire - I'm loving them. The tartan paper is diecut from a scallop pack I have and then I embossed the yellow card using a Craft Concepts folder.

I kept it greeting free as I mentioned in my other Mother's Day challenge response - I have no peel offs or stamps for this. I figure I can make do once a year without it!

Finally I added a ribbon bow for the florish and added a tiny little pink flowery candy.

I liked the final result but have to say I'm happier with the other Mother's Day card - probably just the orange speaking to me there :)




1 comment:

  1. Great use of that busy stamp, everything around it makes it pop! Is that the dreaded leaf embossing folder? Nice use of it, if it is. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated