Sunday 15 November 2015

Project 275: A western layout double challenge


This week Claire showed me 'Shopping Our Stash' blog and I was inspired by this week's Western Theme challenge. Just this week Claire gave me a bumper haul of Unity stamps and it included a gorgeous cowgirl stamp.

I was desperate to use her for something special and I thought I'd get ahead (ok - really ahead) and make a birthday card for my husband as he often calls me Jessie the Cowgirl after the Toy Story 2 (and 3) character. 

I also liked the layout at Sketch Saturday and knew that she was a good shape to feature in that central panel. 

I made it a portrait orientation instead of landscape to better use the image. I colored her with ProMarkers and added the sentiment from Stampin' Up Endless Birthday Wishes. The papers are both scraps that I had kicking around my stash, I thought the orange and red felt Western, particularly the plaid. The sparkly stars complete the sketch and these are from a 4th July care package a girlfriend sent me years ago - I love them and they just work so perfectly for the theme.

I loved using this stamp and am so glad I found a new challenge to play along with this week.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful project! That cowgirl is awesome! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cute card! I love how the cowgirl looks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, what a fun "western" themed card & such a cool take on the sketch as well! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (howdy, pardner!) STASH with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card...I love your take on the sketch and that is a cool image! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I love it, that stamp is really a beauty, I love the whole card, it's so much fun. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your image is perfect for the sketch! Love those red stars too! Thanks for using Sketch Saturday for your great creation this week! Cathy SS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated