Thursday 1 February 2018

Project 460: A contemporary valentine



It's the start of February which means we're all rushing to get some Valentines done for our friends and family - so a great time to play with our Moving along with the Times Love challenge! 

We're looking for any card that features love: Valentine, Wedding, Engagement - if you're loving someone we're all about that. 

For my card I went very untraditional. I wanted to make something fresh and hip. I used some beautiful patterned paper from Studio Calico (I'm trying to clear out my paper stash and I keep finding lovely stuff that I really should be using!) and used a green card blank to make the colors stand out. The diagonal bias makes it even more unexpected I think. I used a die cut heart that I stole from Claire years ago (I have a big box of them - also trying to clear that!) and then die cut out the letters and hashtag in green card stock. The letters are Tim Holtz, the hashtag is a Sizzix 'insta' die set that I bought thinking it'd be great and then struggled to use...but this works I think. 

Super different from some of the other cards but hopefully you'll find inspiration to suit your taste. Can't wait to see what others come up with! x

7 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super design, looks fab, thank you, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great design Jessie and fabulous colour combo

    Happy crafting....

    June :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessie,
    what a very wonderful card and such a very super design.
    The Love really stand out brilliantly.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, what a lovely original card!! It's great. Janice x http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea to go modern instead of traditional and it does look striking. Well done. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab design jessie - a great contemporary twist on Valentines day - iloveit! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated