Monday 3 September 2018

Project: Vintage travel birthday card


This is a card for a good friend and it came together through happy accident. I saw the sketch at CAS on Friday and thought it would be fun to play with as it's so flexible: 


My friend likes to travel and so I started looking for papers that would have a vintage or collage-style feel. This paper had some classic vintage-style images pre stamped: a bike, a lightbulb, a postage stamp. I decided to use  a big 3D sticker that I've had for ages because I was waiting for the right use. 

The sentiment is a new classic: Claire got it for me earlier this year or maybe it was last year...I split it over the background card and middle panel. There's actually a sentiment on that red card beneath where the camera is but it wasn't working for me so I covered it with the sticker. 

I love the simplicity of the components but the overall vintage effect, it was a great challenge to let me use a few things from my stash for a good friend. 

1 comment:

  1. That sticker totally completes the card. How did you get that sweet zig zag edging on the paper, love that really works with the vintagey feel - like a giant postage stamp. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated