Sunday 15 July 2012

Project 36: Mojo for a Playdate



Short post this weekend – saw the Mojo sketch and had to enter as Claire and I had a playdate and inspiration hit a lull so we used this as a challenge to get back on form. The challenge design is above.

It didn’t work – it was 10pm and we were really struggling so we finished the playdate after this sketch. It wasn't the sketch's fault, we were just getting silly. 


I used a patterned card paired with a golden yellow stock that I embossed. Busted out the lovely Martha dotted scallop punch for an orange contrast and some glitter card stock for the overlay. I don’t really like the flag-style greeting but it was in the sketch so I followed along.

I felt the greeting wasn’t enough as I used a small one (I’m loving these little square greetings at the moment – I used them in the last challenge as well) so I added a bit flower. I think it really ties in with the patterned card in the background.

Finally some gold dots to finish the sketch!

The playdate yielded some really fun cards and a new format I hadn’t tried before so I’ll post more on those this week. Enjoy the last bits of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated