Monday 3 February 2014

Project 131: Craft buddy challenge


Claire and I decided to do a remote playdate where we picked a color and sketch combo for the other person to complete.

Here's my combo:

This was my first attempt:


As you can tell, it took me a bit of effort to get right as I struggled with the sketch more than I thought I would! First of all, this paper was so busy that I didn't use an image but it feels a bit naked with such a small sentiment. But it looks cute with the scallop punch with is a Knock-Out one from NYC. The paper is from a Recollections cherry blossom set and I think it's gorgeous. I blinged up a couple of the arks with gold and then used a gold and teal ribbon to bring it out. The orange lace paper is also Recollections, from the Femme Fatale set.

With the candies it's ok but I gotta say, it was a lot of effort to not love it. And a challenge card deserves better. So I decided to go for another try. 

So this is version 2: 
Now this is much better! The image is from a digi set from Claire and I thought it looked great with the colors. The orange paper is scallop punched with a Martha border punch and the strip of purple is embossed with a swirly embossing folder that Claire found for me in an AC Moore sale. I added the gems and candies over the My Mind's Eye Denim Shop card blank - another piece that I found in a sale with Claire. Finally I added some Hippie Chic card for the banner and I was done.

UNTIL....


I found this cute typewriter topper and thought it was too perfect. The arrow was from the same set and I normally don't get chipboard toppers but I thought the modern shapes and colors were really nice.

I used an orange paper from yet another Recollections packs (I came home with four 12x12 stacks between Thanksgiving and Christmas...I know, I can't buy paper for a year...) and the purple is actually the same as above with the same swirl embossing as I thought that was really nice. I added some purple buttons from the last $20 challenge with Claire and topped with the "sent with love" stamp you see there which I found in a really strange set in my collection. Perfect with the XOXO greeting in the typewriter I think.

Really good challenge though given the latest one we've set ourselves this may be a walk in the park...!



2 comments:

  1. I have a similar blah feeling about something I have just made..it hurts a bit when you feel like that..So much effort to not really like your own stuff! I love no.3 too, but no.2 has a special place in my heart. I am totally bolding up the colour choices on the flowers with that Stamp, now you have shown me how! Roll on the next challenge. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally disappointing not to love it after all the effort. But never mind, these things happen! That's why we have so much craft stuff - to try again. And also why we have neighbours and extended family to take the oops cards!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated