Sunday 23 February 2014

Project 134 - Pretty in pink and purple


This weekend was the first weekend I've had a chance to do a dedicated bit of crafting and I decided to do the crafting equivalent of admin and then a bespoke card for my friend Beth.

Claire sent me a great set of cards as part of our card exchange that were stamped with some funkyTim Holtz deconstructed stamps and she left them greeting-less for me to add my own. I have had these for ages and have been taking just far too long making up my mind so I thought I would get my act in gear and update them!


For the two birthday stamps I did a sideways Celebrate - I love these big type greetings, I think they are Studio G.

For these two I revisited a stamp set I had that is travel-themed and thought "Remember to explore" worked with the compass and camera.

The last one is a bit cheesy but I love it - a "You're sew special" stamp that I got free with a magazine. Ok, I bought the magazine for the stamp - so it was more like I got a free magazine with the purchase of a stamp set. These things happen.

After I finished these I went through my stash of cards I've made over the past few months and fixed a whole slew of them that had been a bit abused sitting in the box - buttons or bling falling off, edges of ribbon fraying, paper slightly torn - and got them ready for use. I've been meaning to do it for ages and finally just dedicated an hour to card surgery.

As a reward, I got started on a fun little card for my friend Beth who we are seeing to celebrate her brithday tonight. She loves all things pink and girly and so I thought this cute little stamp would be fit for purpose.

I colored her using ProMarkers and matched Beth's coloring - who doesn't like a card that reflects them?! The paper is Recollections by Michael's, part of their cherry blossom set, and the blingy butterflies are actually a gift from Beth - I love using things people have given me on cards for them. Finally the little greeting was part of a DoCraft pack that I got free in a craft goodie bag as an apology from a Craft Superstore error. (Love freebies.)

So without much of a game plan I seem to have had a very pink and purple weekend!

I did quite a few other cards but I can't show them yet as they are part of a secret challenge Claire and I are doing. But next week I'll be sure to post them!




1 comment:

  1. Awesome! What an awesome upgrade of the cards I gave you..love them. I am super excited about the card exchange!! The blingy butterflies are great, what a nice gift. I am happy to hear about card surgery I did something similar last night. I have started packing my craft kit btw. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated