Sunday 1 March 2015

Project 206: Embossed floral Mother's Day cards

I managed to sell a few Valentine's Day cards at work so I thought I'd make a stash of Mother's Day cards to have on hand and see if I can shift them at the office.

I want to try a few different designs so I looked on Pinterest for inspiration. This pin below really looked sweet (and easy) to reproduce a few times in different colors:


 I then started looking for a good embossing fodler to use for the treatment and I remembered that Claire had given me  some embossed sheets with folders she has. I really liked these big hearts and thought they would be great for Mother's day.

For each one I trimmed down the sheet and layered it over a colored piece of stock. The red and blue headline card is my favorite, it's such a fresh take on the colors. I didn't add the greeting - I had this little idea that I'll take them to work and see if people want a sentiment and add it for them then. If they don't sell I can add a thank you or birthday and reuse them in the future!

The flowers were a bit different for each color combo,with  some foam, some felt, some paper - I just used what I had in each color and then added bling, pearls and gems for the centers. Here are two alternative takes:

 With blue and green flowers 

 With purple and grey flowers and a purple embossed card 

 I am going to try a few more Mother's Day designs but this was a really quick session and I hope they'll be a hit in the office!

2 comments:

  1. Love these, so pretty, those hearts look lovely in white I had forgotten about those. I love the headline card too. Mother's Day is topical...you'll see why, once again our minds are connected. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are gorgeous Jessie… and perfect design for making in bulk… I love the pretty flowers and the embossing gives the cards a wonderful elegance!
    Hope you have a nice evening!
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated