Sunday 29 March 2015

Project 213: A very cheerful challenge entry



This week I spent some money on Bugaboo's retired digi sale. With some stamps available for less than $0.50 it was just too irresistable!

This mouse image is my favourite of the lot. Look at its little face! I knew he'd look great cut out in a circle and when I saw the sketch at Sketch Saturday this week I knew it'd be a perfect one for this little guy to be featured.  Here is their sketch for the week:


I am coming off the high of winning a Cut Above shout out at Paper Players (see my shiny new badge?!) and so I was very happy to see their bingo card challenge this week. I am going for the diagonal row of:
  • Any shade of yellow
  • Sequins
  • Polka dots 

I liked the color combos at this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and thought they would dovetail with the Paper Players board as well.


Finally all of the layers added to the page made me think of Digi Choosday's challenge to get layers on there. I know it may not be a lot of layers for some but for someone who defaults to CAS layouts this is loads!

This card really created itself - once I had die cut the mouse image out and colored him in with ProMarkers I found the spotted paper for the background. How perfectly does that match the color combo? I embossed the yellow card with small dots for extra texture and cuteness. The celebrate stamp is an old favorite - maybe Studio G but not sure - and I think it adds so much to the festive feeling of the card. I went for big and small sequins to complete the bingo card and really think they add the right amount of bling with the tiny red glittery heart on the mouse.

So chuffed with this card, I can't help but smile when I see it because of all the fun I had making it. 4 challenges is a lot for me to enter in a single card but I love how it all came together here.




6 comments:

  1. Fun use of the sketch and colors!, this for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun 4 challenge card. I love the mouse, he is super cute and that paper is fab. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us in our Lots Of Layers challenge at Digi Choosday
    Anjie (Senior DT Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, what a carefree image! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge and our challenge theme of 'Lots of Layers'. Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a FUN and beautifully made card!! It makes me smile just looking at it. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute
    Thanks for playing along at Digi Choosday - lots of layers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated