Sunday 27 September 2015

Project 256: A trio of critters birthday card



My buddy Dave at work has commissioned a few cards and this week he asked me to make one for his girlfriend Nicola. He was quite specific in his requests, asking for a hedgehog (called Sprinkles) a racoon (called Marley) and a fox (called Clive). The more specific, the better I say!

I decided to feature the fox stamp from Gorjuss and wanted to do something different so I made a joyfold card layout as that allowed me to anchor each side with a different critter and also put her in the middle. I colored her with ProMarkers and diecut her out using an ornate tag die.

The little fox stamp is cut out with a finger blade, as is the little hedgehog stamp which is from Little Claire. The racoon is a sticker - I didn't think either of the two racoon stamps I had were the right style/size and I think he's ok.

I added the little peel-off letters as well as the greeting. I normally don't love peeloffs but it's a great way to add personalization.

The ribbon is from the 99p store and when untied will open the card.

Another challenging creation but I think it meets the brief! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated