Monday 28 September 2015

Project 257: A trio of car and train cards



Dave (who commissioned yesterday's card) asked if I would also make one for his dad. His brief was classic cars or trains. "Classic dad stuff." Somehow, the brief being a bit broader I struggled more with this one!

I decided to try three things and let him choose. The first card is probably my favorite for its simplicity. Actually all three are simple layouts but took a while to dream up! This one uses an image and sentiment stamp from 50s Get Stamping magazine set. The paper is Chronology and the red background is from My Mind's Eye.


I used a train stamp from a Recollections vintage transportation set I have and blended a black and a brown ink to get the faded ink. The greeting and the diecut are both from the Chronology set.


This one was so simple but so nice! I tore a piece of faded newsprint paper, added the big sentiment and a car from the same vintage transport set. I used a black card for this and really that was that.

I don't know which one he'll go for but I hope there's one here that he likes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated