Sunday 10 January 2016

Project 284: A personalized Steam Punk thank you


As you know, my buddy Mrs G is in town for work this week (and she works with me so it's more fun than it sounds!) and I wanted to do something a bit fun and different to give her a special thank you for her thoughtful Christmas presents.

I love this KennyK stamp, it was one of my first steam punk items and I just decided to revisit her. She's colored with Spectrum Noir colored pencils and I cut her out using a Sizzix nesting oval die. The die slipped slightly as I rolled her out so she's not quite center. No matter: I used this funky gothic border stamp down the side to add some texture. It doesn't quite work does it? Never mind, fills the space, makes it less noticeable!

I colored her in greens and greys and used the Chronology set for my backing paper. I didn't add a sentiment as I'll write her the message inside and I know she loves the KennyK images so she'll be happy with the card.

The only challenge I'm entering is the KennyK Challenge - keeping it simple this year!



3 comments:

  1. Awesome Steampunk card! Love this image and I think she looks super i green.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at KennyKs Krafty Krew
    Lisa
    Team B(iker girl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image too Jessie… your colouring is awesome and matches the scrummy papers beautifully! what a fab card! Claire is gonna love this :-)
    Hope you're having a great weekend
    Big hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs G does indeed love this card, a great new edition to my noticeboard.. Where all your beautiful cards get displayed. I need a KennyK playtime.. Haven't played with those in a while. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated