Monday 22 February 2016

Project 298: A modern mother's day design


I decided to try something a bit different for my mother's day portfolio this year. I wanted something bold and modern and decided to try big patches of metalic embossing. I saw a few things on Pinterest that had used heat embossing for stripes and thought I'd give it a go.


I didn't want hard edges, I decided to use paper as a mask but kept it pretty loose. I went for one in silver, one in gold. I then added a white mother's day die sentiment over the bottom stripe and added a double layer of flowers. Super simple but really pretty. I might even make a few more...

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love these.. They would make great anniversary or special birthday too with all the shiny heat embossing. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated