Sunday 21 February 2016

Project 297: Mother's day is so early this year



This year everything is happening early. Easter is in March. Ash Wensday was barely into Feburary. And UK Mother's Day is like tomorrow. ok. Not tomorrow. But so soon. I've only just stopped pushing cards on my colleagues for Vday and now we're into the next big one. Sheesh.

So I hit the ground running this morning and knocked up about 10 cards to start the base of what I'm going to sell .


The headline cards are probably my favourite for the simplicity. I colored some Bugaboo flowers and colored them with ProMarkers. I diecut them out with nesting ovals. And added a candi. Done. People can tell me what they want written in the middle and then it's personalized. Sweet.


This next one is also a Bugaboo image, also diecut on oval, but backed against a cheerful pattern with a Martha border punch and Die-Versions Mother's Day sentiment. Yes I even kept the little die-cut apostrophe. Punctuation is a big deal.


Finally, you may remember this card from Valentine's Day - I had a few left over so I added a die-cut sentiment and updated it. Best repurposing of a card I can think of.

Probably need 1 or 2 more designs but I think this is a pretty good start.

2 comments:

  1. NEarly had a flippin' heart attack when I read your post, Mothers Day tomorrow!!!!!

    Gorgeus cards though, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how early MD is this year..only realised when I arrived yesterday that it is in 2 weeks! Yikes! I love these cards, but the middle one is my fave..and I don't seem to have that stamp..have you been holding out on me? That die from Die-versions is nice. See you in a week man. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated