Tuesday 15 March 2016

Project 304: Super simple set with patterned card



My mom loves bright, artistic calendars and frames them month by month on her kitchen wall. 2015's calendar was from Papyrus and the monthly prints were really vibrant. When the year came to an end she sent it to me and, using some templates Papyrus provide, the papers can be turned into folders, book marks, boxes and patterned card. I have now used/distributed everything but the card stock so I decided to whip up a quick little set to give to my mom as a thank you for the calendar. You know what they say, one person's old calendar trash is another person's card-making treasure.


I used these little hummingbirds because I had a nice set of four images in different colors. I kept it super simple: trimmed down the paper to the same size, added a ribbon, cut down some black stock and added a white paper lining inside to make it easier to write on. Bish bash bosh: card set in minutes.


1 comment:

  1. OMG these are gorgeous..Is this the calendar that you made me boxes from? Funny, I was just packaging up a gift in one of those. Great use of the calendar. Laughed at the one man's calendar trash comment..we are such magpies! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated