Saturday 21 May 2016

Project 320: Blended color leaving card


A girl on my team is leaving this week so I wanted to make her a special leaving card. She's very girly and loves pink so the colors at this week's Color Throwdown challenge were perfect for her:

I started with a Unity Co stamp that I heat embossed in black. I blended over it using Distress Inks in Victorian Velvet and Picked Raspberry for an ombre effect. I layered it over a pink and white spotted paper.

The first half of the greeting is from the Unity Co set (Stay Beautiful) and the second half is a new one from Stampin' Up (and eat cookies). I mounted it on grey to bring in that tertiary color from the color combo. All stamps are brand new from Claire, was so much fun to play with them. I think my colleague will love it, I'm thrilled with this result.




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! You just can't go wrong with a Unity Angie Girl stamp! Love the pink background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrgh!! This is SO freakin' beautiful. I love it man, your blending is superb. The card is perfect for E - I think she is going to love it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat way to use the colors!! Great sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated