Monday 16 January 2012

Project 1 - baby blanket update

I have been working on the baby blanket for a week and few days now and it’s hard to find the time to keep it up. But, as previously discussed, baby won’t wait in my friend’s belly for the blanket so I have to crack on. I’ve got one “scarf” completed and one scarf nearly done:


I decided not to do the gingham pattern because I found some beautifully soft double knit yarn so I didn’t need to do the two strands together (as per the pattern to get the gingham checker board effect). I think the big squares will be quite cute when it’s all done. I went for yellow and white as the gender of the baby is unknown - I know this is supposed to be gender-neutral but is it maybe a bit more girly?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated