Sunday 16 September 2012

Project 45: Cupcake birthday cards





My mom got me this great cupcake punch and I thought I’d have a bit of a play with it. I tried a few different layouts but this is the one I liked the best. It roughly follows a Mojo sketch that I attempted a while ago. 

I punched a whole whack of the cupcakes to start in pink, green, blue and brown. I’ll add more colors as I think of more layouts but for now I was using colors that I thought would coordinate together and match my glitter background papers.

The headline one is really sweet and the blue and green makes it gender-neutral (I think). Is glitter paper gender neutral? Hmm. Maybe not. 


This one is my first version where I tried mixing the tops and bases.  I’m not sure I like it as the papers are a bit busy.


I think brown and pink is a good combo and both convincing cupcake colors. The pink glitter paper was too in-your-face-pink so I’ve gone for a nice white-grey.

I’ve also been doing loads of Christmas cards, I’m planning a Christmas update in the next few days so I’ll let you know what I come up with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated