Friday 5 April 2013

Project 76: Best of the final Playdate



Although it breaks my heart that my craft buddy is moving to the US, we decided we should have a big playdate to get over our sadness and celebrate the joy of like-minded crafting. 

Here are the highlights from what was a great session. 


The headline card is my favourite from the day - a little stamped fox with a bit of country chic paper, candies and a natural card base. 


Next Claire challenged us to use these little dog tags so I made a fake collar and bling-ed it up with some gold glitter glue to mimic a real dog tag. I think any dog lover would like that!


This one plays on the steampunk trend and I have this in mind for a friend's birthday. I textured the grey card with a really funky starburst embossing folder and then hand glittered the greeting and some of the cogs on the background paper. I love the bakers' twine on the side, adds a feminine touch I think.


I had spied these layered flowers on Claire's blog last week and insisted that she teach me. They are dead easy - just two die cut flower shapes layered up in alternating papers. Must get one of those die sets...


Finally a little playful moustache card using the same stamp set as the fox and stamped greeting. I thought I'd keep this simple with a patterned border and some candies. No need to fuss this one up, the moustache does it all. The oval that it's stamped on was the die-cut centre of a frame that Claire punched out - all about up cycling the scraps! 

There were a few other cards that I wasn't as proud of, including a Mojo entry that just went wrong. All sorts of wrong. Maybe next week it will work a bit better for me. 

I forgot to post this last week, but we had a bit of Easter crafting as well - hope the bunny was as good to you as we were to our family! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated